LOVE PRAY REPEAT
January 9, 2020
By Ron Tucker
God loves the sound of your voice. He delights in showing you mercy and answering your prayers. As you practice seeking Him first, He’ll move on your behalf like never before.
It Goes Like This
1. People pray.
2. God hears/answers.
3. God goes to work.
4. It takes time.
5. Progress builds faith.
6. Things get worse.
7. Faith falters.
8. People stop praying or press in.
Jesus told His disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1
Read the Parable of
the Persistent Widow
in Luke 18:1-8.
The Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore He will rise up to show you compassion. How gracious He will be when you cry for help! Isaiah 30:18,19
“When the Son of Man returns, how many will He find on the earth who have faith?” Luke 18:8
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:14
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:16
- What kind of waiting do you most dislike?
- Describe the lesson we can learn from the Israelites in Exodus 2-5.
- What keeps you from being consistent in your prayer life? What can you start to do about it?
- Tell of a time when God obviously answered one of your prayers. How did you know that it wasn’t simply a coincidence?
- What’s the one prayer you’d like God to answer for you personally this year?